We give you 5 tips for your next vacation in Maremma. After long months at work, it's time to start traveling again.
If you're looking for a place to vacation, spending the summer in Maremma could be the perfect opportunity for renewed carefreeness: enjoying a land of natural beauty is just what you need!
So here are 5 reasons why you should choose one of the most picturesque areas of Tuscany.
Summer often means the sea, vacation and for many, even the Maremma. So what to do this summer?
The sea is actually only one of the wonders of Tuscany: let's see together what else this land of scents, flavors and breathtaking landscapes has to offer.
1. Villages and towns. If you particularly love art and history in all its facets, medieval villages will be your bread and butter. So you cannot miss the so-called tuff villages such as Sovana, Pitigliano and Sorano. Also worth a visit are Manciano, Scansano, famous for its wine, and Magliano in Toscana, a fortified village on a hill of centuries-old olive trees.
If, on the other hand, you prefer a seaside location, then a trip to Talamone, an ancient town of Etruscan origin, is in order. And if you are curious to explore a respectable archaeological site, Roselle is the one for you.
Rounding out the list are such towns as Capalbio, Massa Marittima, and Castiglion della Pescaia. There is no shortage of choice.
2. Argentario. Who has never heard of this spectacular promontory? A mountain famous for the Orbetello lagoon, in front of GiglioIsland, but also for the towns of Porto Santo Stefano and Porto Ercole.
The nice thing to do, would be to rent an inflatable boat and go exploring the inlets and coves that line the gulf.
In that case, always remember to admire the enchanting backdrops!
3. Parks and caves. If you are looking for wild and unspoiled nature then you can opt for the Maremma Natural Park: a hike in this Mediterranean scrub thick with scents, colors, animals and plants will put you back in the world!
The park, also known as the Uccellina, is rich in paths on which numerous caves and caverns are often encountered: their formation is due to the action of the sea along the rocky walls, which is why they are sometimes more peculiar.
4. Spas. A land rich in hot springs, Tuscany and in particular the Maremma offers several wellness spots: Saturnia, Venturina and Sorano, as well as Bagno Vignoni and the Petriolo hot springs.
Since time immemorial, hot baths have accompanied humans in caring for themselves and their health: why not continue this age-old tradition?
5. Charming resorts. On vacation and especially the summer, time runs faster than usual: you feel good, choose pleasant activities, and are away from daily work and home duties.
Therefore, it is good to make the most of it and indulge in the quality of a comfortable farmhouse that satisfies one's needs: having a swimming pool, being surrounded by greenery, choosing a place that is quiet but not too far from the villages that offer romantic walks or evening entertainment, and a place where you eat well. In short, choosing the right resort is no small matter: it can crown a beautiful summer or make it really bad.
About 15 km from Grosseto is a charming agriturismo nestled in the green Maremma countryside: Le Versegge Resort and Restaurant. In the past it was a group of houses serving as a school, train station and farm. Today it has become a luxury green agritourism farmhouse with swimming pool, garden and a delicious and refined restaurant. An accommodation offering Bed&Breakfast or half board, Suites and Apartments, hotel service or self catering: only you will choose how you want to live your vacation.